Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Aaaaand In this Corner...

a brand new George Foreman grill! That's right folks. I'd like to announce a new member to my family! He Cooks like a buttefly and cleans like a dream!

let me get this out of the way:

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ raisins and 1 Apple
220 Calories

Skipped second meal

Lunch: 1 half Togo's Large Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat Roll w/ Mustard and extra lettuce (no cheese/ no mayo)
aprox 400 calories

4th meal: 2nd half of the sandwich
aprox 400 calories

Skipped 5th meal

Dinner: Half chicken breast w/ garlick (cooked in George Foreman grill - yummy) 1 cup cooked pasta, marinara sauce
450 calories

2 multi vitamins
water until it came out of my ears...
**********************************************************

You know it's funny. The more attention I pay to my food the harder it is to get all of the calories I'm supposed to be having. I mean, the deal is to cut back on what I eat but now I have to think about food all day just to keep up. Ok, minor frustration. Like with all things this will take some getting used to.

I've got my grill now so food prep will be a lot easier. I've got my eye on the goal. Deep Breath...

On a lighter note the batteries for my camera finally got here so there may be some new random pictures soon.

Oh yeah! I don't want to forget this. I'd like for everyone to swing by Gnosticminx and say hello to Candy for me. Candy has been a very big supporter of my blog since I first posted and she has been generous enough to employ her skills as an artist to create a painting/collage (featuring your's truly) to sell on eBay with part of the proceeds going to the American Diabetes Association which will help me get closer to reaching one of my goals. Raising $50,000 for diabetes research. She's got photos up on her blog showing her progress and I think it looks great! She's very talented and I thank her very much for her spirit and her enthusiastic support.

Ok, watchers! Bed time for me. Next workout is Thursday 6pm! I'll blog at'cha soon!

11 Comments:

Blogger evamarie said...

Hey Sean, maybe you can get some baby carrots and put them in "snack" ziploc bags to keep with you. Then if you're in danger of skipping a meal you can at least have something healthy to keep your energy up. I forget, are carrots a "no" food for you, in the same league as fish and milk??? Eva

5:31 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hey ya!

Thanks for the shout out. I am having a lot of fun collecting things and making this painting Sean.

Whoa, it sounds like you ate like a bird yesterday! I am glad to hear you've got vitamins on the go and LOTS of water.

Your spirits sound pretty high too, and it must be somewhat unique and exciting to try cooking in anew way and just thinking about all this stuff.

Foreman Grill....sweet!

5:50 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Oh about the water drinking...that is fantastic and I'm sure your trainer has explained how important drinking water is...it doesn't matter what some peoples weight is. MOST of us do not drink enough water. The leading cause of fatique is dehydration, plus weight leaves the body through "water" :) and cramps are sometimes associated with dehydration!...and lack of potassium.

There that was my lame public service announcement for all of us trying to drink more water.

Um, actually, I take a large, quart and a half water bottel and count at least three of them a day. I find actually counting the large bottels of water I drink makes sure I get enough.

5:57 AM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Billy Guilfoyle said...

Ok dude, I hate to be a stickler. But I am a Sicilian boy and you did throw an unneeded "k" on the end of garlic. Thanks for understanding.

So, how can we get the guys up here to play some music? I've been thinking about this a bit. Any ideas?

By the way, we just earned 2500 dollars for the American Cancer Society by having a Miss Relay for Life Pagent where each team in the relay elected a male to dress as a female and run around collecting dough for cancer research. I was our team's rep. Anyhow, for some reason people have a hard time saying "no" to a guy in a dress is the point I'm trying to make here. Perhaps we can do something for diabetes along these lines. Ok, the truth is that I want to see you in a dress. Like in Big Mamma's House. That would be so Kosher!

1:02 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

evamarie:
Great idea! Carrots are a good food for me. I'll give it a shot! thanks!

candy:
You're very welcome. It's the least i can do.
looks like I'm gonna eat a bird everyday! Spirits are ok...when I get used to all the changes things will be much better...just a matter of time. As for the water, I'm getting used to it but I find that I have to constantly drink it and I never feel like my thirst is quenched. As a matter of fact my mouth seems more dry than when I used to drink diet soda. maybe I'll post about this...any suggestions?

Billy:
Sorry bout the extra "k" it was hella late and my fingers were already asleep!

Ok, great Idea with the relay. But, dude...uh you'll never get me into a dress...Capice? ;0)

As for getting the guys up there to play. Maybe a camping trip or something...I dunno. I'd love to get something like that together...

3:01 PM, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish you good luck on the weight loss.

9:34 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Billy Guilfoyle said...

Dude! Debbie says "That's Awesome!!!" in response to my telling her about what you're up to. I'm trying to convince her to get a blog going too and to come check out your site. Love to the world,
B

10:52 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger A-List said...

Wow, great cause to fund raise for--and good luck with the weight loss--you know what really works, "Body For Life", I've been on it for about 2 months and it's working great :) As well as the G.I diet--but what you've got going for meal plans sounds pretty much like the G.I diet already ;) Good for you, i'll keep checking in, can't wait for updates :)

11:46 PM, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey goodluck with your diet, thought i would like to point something out.... EXERCISE!!!!
don't just change your food habits, start exercising, start slow and then gradually increase. just 20 mins of walk every day counts. :)

9:21 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Billy Guilfoyle said...

To the person who left the comment right before this: In reference to Sean's blog, thought I would like to point something out....READ THE BLOG!!!

Although this skinny Swedish chick isn't the shiniest pebble in the bucket, there is an interesting post on her blog called "Here Pussy, Pussy...." It's a conversation about female orgasms and it's so much cheaper than cable.

2:42 PM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

Panda:
Thanks for the well wishes! be sure to visit again!

~a-lo~:
Hey! welcom and thanx for the kind words. I'll look into both those diets thank you. Right now i'm gonna just listen to my trainer and hopefully loose the bulk of the weight which should come off with exercise and calorie management and when I get to a certain point I know I'll have to fine tune my diet a lot to get those stubborn pounds that i know will linger. Keep checking back your advice is very welcome!

Billy: claws in buddy *LOL* j/k thanks for the back up. Tell Debbie I said hello and thanks for the compliments. have her log on and check it out. she doesn't even have to have a journal. she can still post! Oh and leave it to Billy to seek out any mention of the female Orgasm on the world wide web! ;0)

flickacross:
Thank you for the encouragemnet! Your advice is well taken but if you check my journal you'll see my daily workout. I've had 3 sessions with my trainer and 1 day of straight Treadmill work. My schedule has me in the gym 4 times a week for an hour each visit. Food seems to me a major focus because I'm having to keep restructuring my diet until I find one that works for me. Than may be why it seems that I'm only taling about the food. trust me, exercise is a very big part of my program. I hope you'll keep stopping by! Your input is appreciated!

5:12 PM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home