Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Friday, September 08, 2006

Ok let's get this rolling again...

Hello friends! I know that I've been slacking on this blog and I know this thing is not going to work unless I stick with it and post daily. The last couple of weeks have felt like a wave of set backs from my horrible insomnia to my foot pain and over all lack of interest in posting but I realize that the only way to pull me out of my funk is to plug on through and get back on track. I figure, at least that way I'll still be working toward my goal and I won't be behind when my head quits conspiring against me and lets me get some serious and sustained sleep.

I don't know how much sense that makes..my head is really groggy right now and pretty much all the time anymore. I also seem to be typing with one eye closed...lol wonder what that's all about?.

Later today I have my frist Insomnia class and I really hope that I learn something new because I can't take this anymore. One of my Dr's told me that the class has a 85% success rate so that's promising.

now about the blog...I think I've said this before, recently but I mean it this time...I plan to start posting daily again starting today. I'll let you know about the class and I think My Dr is going to Rx a different medication to help me sleep because the last one made me sleep for nearly 20 hrs and left me really groggy...almost what I imagine being hung over would be...keeping in mind I don't drink and don't know what that feels like...

Anyway...I'll let you know if there are any great revelations with regard to the class. I'm keeping my thumbs crossed...wish me luck.

7 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

Somewhere I saw a method of taping the arch of your foot with athletic tape to help with Plantar Fasciitis. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

12:30 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

That's be great. let me know if you find it! Thanks!

12:53 PM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey all ...not sleeping sucks
and doesn't it suck to be such a big person that the only way to become a smaller person is to endure terrible pain. I ( a big woman ) have been walking daily as a low impact way to burn calories bit but O MY GOD THE PAIN!!!! My foot is SOOO SORE!!!!... I feel like a big baby...will I seriously have to just endure the pain until I loose 100 lbs???
It makes the journey SOOO hard...emotionally physically and spiritually... so hard! I feel for you dude! IT SUCKS!!! I am off again for my daily dose of torture!
with every step... I feel your pain!!!
Kathy from Ontario

1:05 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Sherri & Mark said...

Glad your back.

I was having foot pain a couple of year ago and went to a foot Dr. who gave me some simple insoles which were only $80 and it made the world of difference and now I can walk normally.

Maybe you can check out if there are any good foot Docs (and yes I know it is a podiatrist, but I cannot spell that word :)in your area.

Meanwhile, hop on....

Sherri

1:55 PM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sean,
I've also been experiencing foot pain while I've been trying to lose weight. I finally got a bone scan (X-rays showed nothing) and it was repetitive stress fractures. My doc said it's due to being heavy, increasing my activity and not having really super supportive shoes on. Now that I finally found out what it was, and fixed it, now I can really get down to sweatin' - pain free!
well.... foot pain free anyway :P

4:02 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Roy said...

Yeah, I should've mentione dorthotic inserts, as they are the usual fix for such things. Places like Foot Efx (no idea if they're out where you are) can sometimes provides cutom fit inserts under your health insurance, if you've been diagnosed for diabetes.

A good friend of mine suffers from a number of foot issues, and his problems were corrected by the Foot Efx inserts. Fair warning, they aren't cheap.

Here's first link. It discusses the whole problem overall, and offers stretching advice, etc. As always, take what they say with a grain of salt. I've not tried anything on this site because I don't suffer from the same problem. It does have some info on taping though, and that is a tactic that I have heard works well.

http://heelspurs.com/_intro2.html

Here's their actual page on taping, set in printable form.

http://heelspurs.com/tape.html

And a large pic of the suggested method.

http://heelspurs.com/tape.jpg

Give it a shot, as athletic tape is cheap. And see if you can find some info on orthotics, maybe even go see a podiatrist. Gotta stay healthy, man.

9:37 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Roy said...

Also try this site. It's short, but has some solid info. This guy is a doctor and a runner, and I got some really good info from his site in regards to my Runner's Knee issues.

http://www.drpribut.com/sports/heelhtm.htm

9:39 AM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home