Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Friday, January 05, 2007

The further power of One red Paperclip...

If you are not yet familliar with the phenomenon that is "One Red Paperclip" I suggest that you quickly high tail it over to the Website and get caught up! CLICK HERE

There is no doubt that Kyle has inspired folks to world over to follow their dreams no matter how small or large and today...out of the blue I was reminded just how far reaching his special brand of influence has been.

So there I am earlier this evening, just minding my own business, 'bout ready to settle down in my chair, at the movies, about to watch sneak preview of "Smokin' Aces" and who should I see up on the Big o'le Silver screen singing her heart out and looking as beautiful as ever?
Why, new music sensation, Jody Gnant that's who! Her new music video was playing before the feature.

"Who's Jody Gnant?", you ask.... (well keep reading)

I jumped up and turned to my brother and said. "Hey! I know her....she's the one who traded that Paperclip guy for that recording contract that time!" (names escape me when I'm excited!)
Sufice it to say I was very proud and when I settled down I was able to better explain who she was and what I was babbling about.

Some of you found this blog through Klye's ORP site so you know why I find this so exciting. Jody is a rare spirit who is very deserving of her new found celebrity. She has been an constant supporter of my efforts like all of you who are so wonderful to me here and I couldn't be more excited or proud of her for her continued success.

Please do me a huge favor and visit her website and sign her guest book and wish her success and happiness. Jody Gnant.com

and while you're at it check out some of the other interesting projects that have spawned in great part due to the success of One red Paperclip.com

Hitch50.com

Are You My Wife.com

Choose My Name.com

With so much drive and success around me how can I possibly give up. What a wonderful world wide web.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sean! Great to see that you are back in action!! :vD Looking ahead this year it is pretty exciting to think of all of the positive things that may happen!! Now that Christmas and New Year's is over, we can all try to get back to our healthy resolutions!! I am pretty depressed after gaining 10 pounds in one week of Vacation (my sister says holiday weight doesn't count and is just temporary- so I'm hopeful! :v), but getting back to exercising and eating better! You can be a great inspiration to so many people!
Have a wonderful day, Sean! Bye for now!

8:40 AM, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's BAAAACCCCKKKK........







Good to see you getting back in the saddle of blogging and battling the weight....

3:47 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Talena said...

Hey, Sean! I'll have to check those sites out! Intriguing names...

Hope you had a great New Year's! And don't you dare give up...This might be a long haul, but the destination is definitely there.

Hugs and Happy New Year kisses!

8:55 PM, January 07, 2007  
Blogger thehealingroom said...

I love the One Red Paperclip too.
Great Story.
You were always a big supporter of Kyle's from the begining.

8:43 AM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Niki Nielsen said...

Hey Sean,

Glad to see you back! :)

I know what you mean with the power of the One Red Paperclip. I randomly found it on the internet one day... then decided to head up to Canada for the movie role auditions with Corbin Bernsen. While there, I met Kyle and also Allan Wills from Are You My Wife (right on the steps of 503 Main Street). I had a date with Allan where we made a short film (I'm an inspiring actress and he wanted to help me out), and Kyle even had a cameo in it. Since then, I made another film with Allan (shot in both London and Las Vegas) that will hopefully be showing soon on YouTube or the like. I also had the chance to meet Scotty and Fiddy from Hitch50... I drove them from Salt Lake City, Utah to Pocatello, Idaho.

So... I definitely know what kind of amazing things the One Red Paperclip started. I'm living proof.

9:28 AM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Niki Nielsen said...

sorry... I meant to say I'm an ASpiring actress... not INSpiring... well, not yet anyway.

10:33 AM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

CrystalinOntario: Hey thanks so much for the supportive words! I'll use them as motivation to get up off my duff tomorrow and at least get in a good swim and then hopefully this weekend I can get in the first solid workout of the new year!
Like you said, it's all about getting back to exercising and eating better. No mountain too high and all that jazz ;0)

Good luck on those 10 lbs! I know they'll melt away before you know it and thank you again for your support!

D: Damn skippy!

Scrapnqueen: you so should..they are all a great lot of folks!

I, too, wish you had the best of New Years! This is the year...it seems to be the concensus! Let's all get to our goals! New years Hugs and Kisses Back!

thehealingroom: Yeah I can't help but love that guy! Great energy and a fantastic mind!

Niki Nielsen: Wow! Talk about getting involved! I'm seriously envious! I'm hoping to make it up for the one year ann. It sounds like you had a lot of fun and met some out of this world folks as well.
How'd the auditions go? and did you get a chance to meet Kyle's mom? She posts here from time to time. Just a great family...I can't say enough!

I wish you all the best on your goals! I sure hope you'll continue to stop by and keep me updated...

2:26 AM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

oops or I guess I could just read your blog...which I will now ;)

2:32 AM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Niki Nielsen said...

Hey Sean,

Canada really was amazing... and I did meet Kyle's mom Colleen at 503 Main Street. She was the first person I met in Kipling... go figure! In fact, she introduced me to Allan. Very nice lady.

The auditions were fun. I was in a room with just a camera operator and Corbin Bernsen... what an amazing opportunity. Unfortunately, Corbin decided only to consider people from Kipling to get the role in Donna on Demand. But he liked my audition, and said that he may even be filming a new movie in Salt Lake City (where I live). So it was definitely worth going to Canada with everything that has come from it so far.

I will definitely continue to stop by your site...

Good luck with everything,

Niki

10:18 AM, January 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello friends!
you made the nice done job ..!
I saw posts where man need to send biglietti di compleanno
Mmm.. we would like to harvest sensational content about http://cartoline-d-amore.biglietti-auguri.net/ - cartoline d amore

I suppose I searched a little :(
Respect....

10:59 AM, March 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fitness is the way to go. Good for the health and the mind. Good for self confidence. Feels good to see the muscles getting in shape.

2:38 AM, April 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't have to wait til college to start fitness. Bring the magic out today!

2:40 AM, April 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home