Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Thursday, November 09, 2006

*yawn*

"That we are not much sicker and much madder than we are is due exclusively to that most blessed and blessing of all natural graces, sleep." -- Aldous Huxley

food/ workout

I don't think i'll ever be a morning or a breakfast person. Nope...not me. That said my first meal was chicken w/ steamed rice and veggies and for dinner I went to this Greek place for a big salad with chicken and a couple falafel...can you say "yum?" I know I can. =0)

I missed my workout on tuesday because I hadn't slept in aprox 3 days. So. with about 3 hours sleep under my belt on wednesday I figured I'd better get in for a quick one. I was able to squeeze out 5 sets of 20 crunches, 3 sets of 135lb bench presses (15 reps) and 3 sets of 15 reps of rows w/ 165lbs. Then 40 minutes of brisk pool walking. now I can't move my arms...*owie*

******************************
The only other think I have to say at the moment is Thank you America for getting out in record #'s and voting for change. lets hope that some fresh perspective and some opposing oversight will lead to a safe and reasonable conclusion in Iraq and the return of our brave men and women in the armed forces. This is the last I'll speak of this because of the divisive nature of politics and that is not what I want this forum to be about.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,

Sorry to hear the sleep thing is still holding you down. It is a grand and essential mystery.I know when you are tired it is hard to maintain a rhythym. Your exercise kick has gotten me motivated. I am running three days a week and really enjoying it. You know I am notorious late sleeper, but I have found that running in the morning is a great way to start the day.

Anyway, perhaps we can all do some 24 hour fitness over thanksgiving....remember Turkey makes you sleepy.

P

4:32 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger becca said...

I'm glad to have you back, and proud of you! You have really increased your workouts. I hope this helps too with evening out your sleep patterns. Good luck, I'll be watchin'

6:01 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Paul Babin said...

Sean,

My friend . . . its been awhile. I hope things are going well for you. Thanks for putting up a quote from one of my most favorite authors in the world!

I've been slack with keeping up with everyone . . . my bad . . blame it on the lousy French philosophers they've got me learning from this semester. . Derrida, Baudrillard, Bataille (this is one messed up guy but check him out sometime), and others. I hope you are out of the funk. It happens to us all. I've been dealing with some stuff too. . can't say I relate but I know how it sucks and I hope you get a handle on the sleep issue . . it sounds like it is getting worse.

All the best my friend!

6:45 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

PB: yeah man it's the strangest thing I've ever experienced. I used to sleep all the time and I loved being able to do it but now I'd give my eye teeth for a solid 5 hours...

I'm glad to hear that you're getting your run on and enjoying it! You make a good point about working out in the morning. I have a week off before I return to work and I may try getting up early and going to the gym just to get in the habit of being up early again.
I agree we should all go to the gym when T and I are down. I think we can each get one person in for free so maybe we can all go together.

Looking forward to it.

becca:Thanks! I'm glad to be back. Yeah that workout kicked my butt. My arms were dead when I got done...walking in the pool (especially the deep end) takes a lot of arm movement and really pulls at the shoulders. Felt good though... I hope it helps with the sleep too...something has too ;0)
Thanks for the encouragement!

Paul: Hey buddy! Yeah I like that quote too and it's so true. Don't feel bad about not keeping up...it's a two way street and I know I havent been either! I should tell you though that Justin has been playing a few shows with a band (brian rogers on drums and Aaron Linkin on bass) and they sound pretty great. Justin is much more dynamic infront of a band and they're just fun to watch. Brian has put together a band as well and they have a real guitar heavy urban funk sound. They have a drummer with a background in hard rock and he's pretty solid and 2 guitar players...I don't know if you remember Cole Dutcher but he's in the band and then Brian on Bass and vocals. They're pretty sweet and they do a couple of covers that you might like..."Don't let me down" by the beatles, "Aeroplane", by the red hot chili peppers, Something by the Police (can't remember off hand) and "Black Hole Sun" by Sound Garden. Anyway...great music abound!

Hope to talk with you sometime soon and good luck with your studies! Good to hear from you!

8:05 AM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home