Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Friday, October 13, 2006

365

I've been trying to think of ways to make myself post daily and I think I may have a plan. Recently I've been using Flickr.com to store my photos online. I was looking around flickr the other day and I noticed that quite a few other flickr members were doing a project where they were taking a self portrait every day for 1 year and I thought that that would be a great idea and a great way to show my weight loss once it kicks in gear. At the end of the year I would be able to put them all in a slide show and literaly "watch my loss" lol! So starting 10/24/06 (my birthday by the way...*wink*) I will start taking a photo a day and I might also try to take a random shot of something important to me each day so that at the very least I'll have something to show you or discuss if no topics come to mind.

Check out some of the other folks on Flickr and their 365 day photo projects...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

I think this is a great idea. Its hard to see your progress if you see yourself every day. This will help show your improvements on the days where you feel like nothing has been happening.

7:43 PM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger TitanThirteen said...

I just found this blog through wanna_be_slim's blog.
You have an awesome blog here! I couldn't read it all so far, but i will.
Are you in NZ? I lived in NZ for a while and i used to find worn glass on the beach as pictured in one of your posts, but i haven't seen them in Australia. Maybe Kiwi fishermen are worse little bugs than Oz fishermen? lol
500+ pounds to lose is a big task. I weigh 170 kilos [i don't know what that is in pounds. about 400?] and i'll be very intorested in watching your progress for motivation :o))
My youngest daughter, Rose, shares your birthday. She will be 10 :o)

3:02 AM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger The EYE said...

great idea! its dang near impossible to notice such minute changes in yourself, since you look at yourself probably every day (so many mirrors and reflective surfaces everywhere you look... you cant even help it). that is definitely a great way to see it. and fitting it into your site title - perfect! its brilliant.

looking forward to the weigh in. good luck!

btw, my birthday is 10/16. people with october birthdays are just naturally better than most. high five.

7:00 AM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

Sounds like a great idea. You could but subliminal messages in too :p

5:32 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Julianne B said...

thats awesome.. i joined one of the groups to

9:16 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I like that idea. By the way, we share birthdates. :)

I just came over here from Stu's place.

10:31 PM, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home