Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Monday, November 06, 2006

Hey...

I thought long and hard about how to word a bunch of stuff and sought some council about what to say in this post. I suppose I could write areally long post about how I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while but I don't really want to. Lets just say that I've been dealing with a fair amount of personal garbage for the last 2 weeks. Some of it internal and obviously some of it external. I know a fair amount of my funk is due to not sleeping...still...and some of it has to do with the season. I really love the fall but I'm always haunted by certain memories and certain feelings associated with this time of year and it always sneaks up on me and I tend to shut down for a while. Then there's the first anniversary of our (my and my brother's) mother's death later this month and I'm sure that plays a part.

All these things jumbled up with some lonliness and binge eating and I haven't really felt like posting for a while.

I think I'm through the worst of it and I'm looking to get back on a solid routine with the posting so let's try this again.

Needless to say I didn't lose the extra 10 lbs I wanted to after my birthday...i'm making an effort to get back to eating correctly so I think I should start posting my daily diet again as a check against bad habit forming. Oh...my cholesterol is down 4 points from 138 to 134...that's always been pretty good but my A1C (3 mon average blood sugar) is up from 6.6 to 7.2 again which is strange because my daily readings haven't been really getting worse. I wonder if it's the sleep...I dunno. I'll be seeing my dr on Tuesday.

One good thing is that the Provigil is doing what it should, It eliminates daytime sleepiness and has done that pretty effectivly. I've only had a couple of days where I feel tired in the late afternoon but my Dr is still addjusting the dose. I guess I have been getting about 3 hours of sleep at night so that's a little better but Now I have to string them together...add 2 more hours and make them come before 6am so I can get back to work full time. With any luck It's not far off.

I guess that's about it. I'll be answering all of your previous posts later this evening and Thank you again for all your support. I'm still in this thing and with a positive outlook but I had to take some time to get my head straight so I didn't feel so anti social...I'm getting there =0)

3 Comments:

Blogger The EYE said...

im really sorry to hear about your hard times... that always makes focusing on something like weight loss pretty much impossible... im glad to hear you still want to be in the game. i agree too - a journal of what you eat is a really good way to keep yourself in check. when you know we all will be seeing it, youre less likely to eat what you shouldnt.

good to hear from you again, sean.

8:37 AM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro,
I guess its not really new news, but I find myself having to remember this from time to time as well, but "The mental health is very much connected to the physical health". Its hard to be cheery, optimistic, or all sunny inside when you're physically beaten down, and being gloomy, mopey, or just plain depressed, can really rob you of your will to workout.

Maybe a little mental health plan would be a good thing to add...

I hope to see you in a couple of weeks, maybe go to the Danville 24 Hour fitness together...

Lets talk soon. Keep your head up.

9:22 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

eye: You're so right. It's hard to focus on all of that when your head's not in the game...but...minor set back and now I have to just jump back in and keep plugging away!

It's good to hear from you too friend, Thanks!

D: You are so right bro. and trust me I am taking care of the mental aspect..body and mind ya know. It's all important. T and I will be there sometime that weekend and we'll make sure to get in a good workout! See you soon and thanks for your comment!

Anonymous: Dude! Thanks for the spam!

7:35 AM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home