Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thank you Jacob!

Ever since Junior High school when lovely substitute teacher with bright green eyes played Graceland in class during a free work session I've been in love with the music of Paul Simon. Like I said in yesterday's post I think I must have worn that tape out 3 times before I bought the CD. It was with Graceland that I think I first developed my love of the acoustic sound and great lyrics and it's amazing to see, 64 year old, Simon 'still rockin' after all these years'.

The show appeared sold out and was just kicking off as the sun set over the mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe making the sky look like (as my friend jacob noted) an upside down lava flow. The setting was breath taking and the weather was perfect for an outdoor concet. I'll go as far as to say that sitting there 11th row center was amazing enough to make the puny plastic folding chair i was trying not to break little more than a petty pain in my butt. ;0)

Simon's band was terrific that night as they played for what seemed like 2 hours complete with 3 encores! Playing almost everything you could imagine from "Bridge Over Troubled Water" to several songs from Graceland which were beautifully performed thanks in large part to the wonderful harmonies his band was able to pull off. And, for fans of his newer work he didn't dissapoint playing a beautiful version of Father and Daughter which I noticed had a few men in the audience misting up a bit.

I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two wooo
There could never be a father who loved
His daughter more than I love you



I really don't know what else to say. It was a great evening with 2 old friends and some stellar music in a beautiful setting. Thanks Jacob, for thinking of me! And, Summer it was great to see you again. Let's not wait so long to do it again...oh and your baby is beautiful.

*********************************


Oh, oh, what a night, oh what a garden of delight, even now that sweet memory lingers.
I was playing my guitar, lying underneath the stars
just thanking the Lord for my fingers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds amazing! I'm glad u had a good time. You'll be smiling about it for a long time, eh?

2:54 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger The EYE said...

glad you had a good time.

hey, whats the name of the album with "father and daughter" on it? think im gonna have to check that one out.

6:38 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

leenzii: Yeah it was amazing. I wish I had remembered my camara. *dang it* Smile for awhile for sure!

eye: Thanks man i sure did.
The album is called "Surprise"
check out Paul Simon

12:56 AM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm really glad you came. Being able to do that for someone who appreciates Paul Simon so much is something very worthwhile. And it was really cool hanging out again. We need to not be such strangers :-)

- Jacob

6:44 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. Very good to have such good friends an company...and a nice change of pace in your blog entries, yes?

1:24 PM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Diabetes+scholarships Search engine optimization america black dating site ringtones Nova merchant high risk account purchase valium Real estate marketing business affiliate program Blood pressure monitor used tennis ball machine Affiliate cloaking programs http://www.proteinandsupplements.info best canadian affiliate programs West coast mazda rx-8 Black eyed peas pussy accidental peeing World's largest orgy Play scrabble interactive free Advertising engine positioning ppc search rhode island cruises

1:35 AM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home