Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Sunday, July 30, 2006

"Me and Julio down by the school yard..."

My phone rang this morning and as i was half asleep and as the number was private I ignored it and went back to bed. I woke up an hour or so later and checked my voice mail only to be greeted by a voice from my not so distant past, offering me a ticket to see Paul Simon in Tahoe tonight with himself and another friend that I haven't seen in over a year! i said yes... and then proceeded to do a happy dance.

For those of you who've been reading for a while you know I like my folk/ acoustic music. Let me just tell you that this is a dream come true for me. I loves me some Paul Simon. I think I wore out Graceland like 3 times in tape format before buying the CD. It's just one of those albums that needs to be listened to 87,000 times.

(Oh, by the way if you still haven't checked out my friend Justin farren's web site at Justin Farren.com please go because, like graceland, this is the only other Cd I've ever worn out. It's simply one of the best listening experiences you're likely to have...so please go check out his site and look him up on iTunes for samples of all his songs from his CD "Sound of Flight")

Anyway. I'm stoked and I'll let you know all about it tomorrow! have a good sunday everyone or whatever day it is in your lovely part of the world! I'm off to Lake Tahoe!

Sean-crest out!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments again!

You have a GREAT time. I hope it leaves u feeling as good inside as my last outing did *g*

3:54 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger The EYE said...

paul simon is a musical genius. no need to explain the excitement man. hope its a great show (though i know it will be).

7:06 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hey hope you have a wonderful time in Tahoe and at the Simon concert, lucky you witha trip and a show!

Thinking about you,
Candy
http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

6:33 AM, July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm really glad you came. It has been a long time. - Jacob

7:25 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Talena said...

Can't wait to hear about the show. Lucky.

8:08 AM, July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sean,

Good for you! You were probably in Tahoe or somewhere near when I talked to you. Sorry that my cell phone was dying! I hope that you had a great time, and I can't wait to hear all about the concert. I'm sure you went to sleep humming a Simon tune! KA

11:27 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Sean Perkey said...

leenzii: You're welcome! I did thanks and I do feel great! :0)

eye: Genius No doubt! although for some odd reason he prefers to be called AL? go figure...

Candy Minx:I did thank you! Yeah it was out of the blue...thank goodness for good friends!
Hope you're doing well!

Hey Jacob: Great tickets and great company! Thank again!

Scrapnqueen: as luck has it I posted about it!

KA: acctually just about to leave Sac at time but thank you for calling with the bread info. I'm going to probably go get at some today a:0)


(sorry for the late responses)

4:16 AM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home