Home  |  Contact  |  Donations  |  Myspace

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Who's Sammie??




I would like to take this opportunity to give huge concratulations to a few friends of mine who were recognized tonight for their dedication to their craft and their passion for performing some pretty great music! For those of you not from my home town and even for some of you who are but don't travel in the same circles. This evening at the Historic Crest Theatre in Downtown Sacramento, The Sacramento News held it's 15 annual Sacramento Area Music Awards! Better known as the S.A.M.M.I.E.S.

This is a local muisc awards show that recognizes the best of the best in area Independant Music and musicians!

This year was especially important to me because, although I technicaly ' know' many local musicians, seven of my very closest friends were nominated for various awards and all but two of them won in the respective catagories!!!!

Of course you know my Friend Justin Farren . Justin was the writer and primary singer of my theme song Well, Justin was Nominated in the Folk/Acoustic catagory for the second year and WON his first SAMMIE for BEST Folk/Acoustic performer! Go Justin!

Please Click on THIS HERE LINK to read Justin's Sammie's Profile and to listento a couple of his wonderful songs!

Also to my buddies Brian Rogers, Andre Fylling and Sam Phelps who form the fabulous "Four Guys From Reno"! Con-frigggen-gratulations for your 3rd win in a row as Sacramento's BEST Jazz Band. This third win now cements them in as SAMMIE'S Hall OF Fame Members. Hall Of Fame Vets and all in their early 20's! I love you guys! Please visit THIS LINK RIGHT HERE! to learn more about this amazing band and to get a taste of what they do!

I want to also give mention to my good friend Dean Haakenson from the band "Be Brave Bold Robot" who was also up for the Folk/Acoustic award with Justin farren. Dean is the only person in that catagory that i would have been ok with if he had beaten Justin. Dean is a Lovely, bearded, Sweaty beautiful man who put on one of the fiersest performances on record tonight! He received the much deserved ONLY standing ovation of the evening and not to mention the most gracious gesture of covering one of Justin's Songs and then calling Justin up on stage to perform sing along on one of Dean's originals later in the set! A friendlier competition there has never been and it was an honor to witness! I love you too man! They don't come much better than you!

And lastly I want to give my congrats to My friends in Compadre for getting their first nomination in the R&B/Funk catagory...Uhhhh who are the Benny's anyway? I don't know either but You'll get them next year..just keep on doing what you do that get's them dancing the dance that they dance!

***********************************

I also want to make sure that I remember to thank
Tommi H.
My good friend Brian Rogers
and My Fitness Trainer Kendrick
for their recent contributions to my Diabetes Fundraiser!
I can't tell you how much i appreciate it! Thank You all!

Brian and Kendrick I'll be posting your donations later today!

5 Comments:

Blogger The EYE said...

i've got some talented friends who are quite accomplished in their creative endeavors (not to mention im a creative guy myself). but to be honest, i'm pretty jealous of you. i dont think any of my friends have won any awards.

thats pretty awesome to be surrounded by that kind of talent. congrats to them all.

5:34 AM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Billy Guilfoyle said...

Woo Hoo!!!!! JUSTIN FREAKINFARREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the FOUR GUYS and especially BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I voted for both of them 2 months ago. I love when the guys I vote for win! When is Justin gonna release another CD?
Don't you feel like holding hands and dancing and skipping around in circles, Seanster? Life rules!!!

8:21 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Paul Babin said...

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send them my best . . I voted for them . . YES . . . Justin is on his way up man . . . got to love that guy . . and Brian . . what is not to love about him . . I wish I was there man . . . we got to get our other compadre getting his act together to.

12:10 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Billy Guilfoyle said...

Oooh three Justin Farren fans on one blog. Whatever will the universe throw together next? We rule!

4:39 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

1:27 AM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home